Franklin County Board
The County Board is the legislative branch of our county government.
The County Board deals with a variety of issues relating to the management of the County government at its meetings.
Some of these include:
• Consideration of ordinances and resolutions.
• Adoption of an annual operating budget and tax levy.
• Approval of claims (bills) from all County departments.
• Awarding of contracts.
• Negotiation and approval of labor contracts.
• Oversight of special projects.
• Appointment of non-elected department heads.
• Appointment of members to numerous boards such as Cemetery Boards, Water District Boards, Fire Department Boards, etc.
• Many other duties relating to the day-to-day operations of the County.
Franklin County Board Committees
Finance, Salaries, Policy and Purchasing, Law Enforcement/Sheriff/Merit Board and Courts
Meetings for this committee will be held the first and third Mondays of the month in the County Board Room at the Franklin County Courthouse at 5:00 PM.
Transportation (Road and Bridge, Building and Grounds)
Meetings for this committee will be held the first and third Mondays of the month in the County Board Room at the Franklin County Courthouse at 5:15 PM
Public Safety (Health and Environment, Zoning, Rabies (Animal Control), Emergency Management, 911, Central Dispatch, Tourism, Economic Development, Bi-County Health Board, Insurance and Supervisor of Assessments)
Meetings for this committee will be held the first and third Mondays of the month in the County Board Room at the Franklin County Campbell Building at 5:15 PM
The Franklin County Board will hold their regular meetings on the third Monday of each month in the County Board/Assembly Room at the Franklin County Courthouse located at 100 Public Square, at 6:00 PM unless otherwise posted.